The origins of the Practice can be traced back to 1927, when Dr J Bernstein was in practice at Ribbleton Avenue. Dr Lyon Blair lived on the premises in Ribbleton and was also a Partner in the Practice. Dr Blair was lost at sea in 1941, when his ship 'The Mainstee' was sunk.
Another Partner, Dr Bridge, opened a Branch Surgery in 1927 at Plungington Road. Later Dr Bridge built a house on Parklands Drive and this became the local surgery for his Fulwood patients. Dr Bridge retired in 1947 and Dr Cooper bought the house and the Practice in Parklands Drive. Dr Friend joined him in 1948, just before the start of the NHS.
In 1967 the Plungington Road Surgery and the Parklands Drive Surgery were united and transferred to the present site at Lytham Road.