Travel Vaccinationsglobal air travel

If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.

Travel vaccines/advice are offered from the surgery as a complimentary service for your convenience.

If you need a Yellow Fever vaccine - please ask at Reception.  There is a fee for this service

*If your holiday is less than 8 weeks away, please contact a travel clinic - details of some travel clinics are below*

- Library House Surgery - 01257 514030

- New Hall Lane Pharmacy - 01772 700483

- Boots Pharmacy - 01772 254517

There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below: 

Europe Europe and Russia North America North America
Central America Central America South America South America
Caribbean Caribbean Africa Africa
Middle East Middle East Central Asia Central Asia
East Asia East Asia Australasia  Australasia & Pacific

It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible - at least 6 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.

Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.

Travel Health Questionnaire

To help us offer the appropriate advice, please fill out the form before coming to see the nurse.

Download Travel Health Questionnaire Here

Could you please ensure that when listing Countries Visiting – you write down which area, town or village you are travelling to or attach a copy of your itinerary.

Travelling in Europe

If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website